Friday, December 28, 2007

slide along my neck, I'm not very interesting; mouth-hungry

Mucho tiempo, y yo no... yo no recuerdo español. Pobresito. J'ai oublié le français aussi. Mais, j'ai... discovered the joys of a Mac's option+key, wee! It just occurred to me that it's Friday night and I am not depressed that I've spent it in my room dancing to the Same Old Playlist with my old friend, glass of red wine. Hello red wine. How are you?

I can't report anything remarkable since 10/1, the same old additions and subtractions, multiplications and divisions, with a few remainders per usual. I wish to be amusing, here. I currently have the bottom half of a dress (ok, a severed nightgown) wrapped scarfishly around my neck. Christmas was unremarkable. DannenFamilyChristmasExplosionPalooza is on Sunday, and the more time I spend with my family, the more unremarkable it becomes. I think I feel that it's too convenient to live only 30 minutes from where I grew up, still in-state and so easily accessible to all that Dannen family. I don't know what familial deprivation feels like.

Plans for Hungary-Croatia, at least as they were, have dissolved due to acknowledgment of the Truth (the Truth being that we are incompatible in interests and coming to terms with it as such), so I remain in Portland in the spring, perhaps. Job, residence, sociality--I feel like an arthropod outgrowing its exoskeleton but with no way to crack it open and itching for a break between my shoulder blades. Scritch scritch scritch. I need growth and change, or at least a good wrestle.

One week, three games of catch-up with school chums: BethBeth today [real life], Xtina yesterday [real life], Aariq and lnzE a little over week ago [video conferencing life]. Reviving!

New Year's resolution: Go to the Art Museum monthly.

New Year's resolution:
Do not grow up to be Your Father's Daughter. No one wants diabetes, and you used to have really fantastic legs in a swimsuit. (So what?)
New Year's resolution:
Sew what.
New Year's resolution: I can't I can't I can't. Go, it's your turn.
New Year's resolution: Be less and do more.
New Year's resolution: You really don't have to.
New Year's resolution: And you really don't need it.
New Year's resolution: Have more dreams about squids and other mollusks.
New Year's resolution: Research diatomic nitrogen as an alternative source of oxidation for respiration. If magnesium can do it at 4000, why can't I at 98.6? Maybe I will turn a lovely neon yellow color, too.
New Year's resolution: Find a recreative (because recreational sounds like meth) chemistry lab partner. Do not blow things up. Well, not too much.

A perfect, luscious, fleshy pear would be heaven right now. As well as gobs of new music, I've been lazy lately with my show-going and have always been poor at researching.

No comments: